A list of my favorite books, in no particular order:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
- The Sea Wolf, by Jack London
- Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
- The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
- The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton
- A Separate Peace, by John Knowles
- City of Thieves, by David Benioff
Jack London makes the list twice, as he was my favorite author as a child. I could have listed every novel Jane Austen has written, but went for the most important (in my humble opinion).
Most of these are classics, since that’s what I tend to go for, but classics are classics for a reason. These books all have much to teach, and you’ll find yourself thinking about them long after you’ve read them.
What are your favorite books?